General Membership Meeting Minutes
October 13, 2016
Call to Order – 7:30 p.m. by President John Cooley
Minutes from Last (May 2016) Meeting – Secretary Ed Wyse – Handout of minutes provided. Had vetted minutes with those who attended and then posted minutes on the civic association website.
Financial Report – Treasurer Liz Greene – see attached
- Membership – Julia Hale – renewals total ~ 180-185 from 438 homes
- Directory – Kirby Myers – due to be published in January
- Village Crier – Larry Mark (published 3X each year, January, April/May and September/October) – copies available if you need one
- Website – Bob Havey – as new webmaster, is essentially building a new website that will be easier to maintain than the current version
- Neighborhood Watch – Jeff Carter – passive, neighbor-watching-neighbor only
Old Business: None
- Calendar of Events (Look for changes and updates in the Village Enews):
- 30 October - Halloween Party & Village West Pool Chili Cook Off, 4:00 p.m. – 7 p.m. at VW Pool parking lot. This is a change from the Community Directory
- 1 November – Village West Pool silent auction begins
- 6 November – Daylight Savings Time Ends
- 8 November – Election Day – change from the directory
- 12 Nov – Village West Pool BBQ, 4:00 p.m. – 7 p.m. at Village West Pool
- 15 – 23 December - Holiday Decorating Contest Judging; report winners NLT 23 December
- 17 December - Christmas Party – location TBD. Santa normally arrives to give pre-positioned gifts to children. Expect Christmas Caroling precedes party.
- Early January – Village Crier and Community Directory published and distributed.
- Audit Report – see attached audit report.Members ratified the audit report by voice vote.
- Proposed Budget for FY17 – see attached budget proposal. Members approved the proposed budget by voice vote without markups.
- Election of Officers (Board of Directors). The floor was opened for nominations.The only nominations received were for the incumbents.The slate was approved by voice vote.The officers are:
President, John Cooley,
Vice President, Don Hale,
Secretary, Ed Wyse, and
Treasurer, Liz Greene.
In addition, Kirby Myers is serving on the Board in the role of Past President, there being no past presidents able to serve. Other association positions (Executive Council) are appointed by the Board of Directors; no changes were made at this meeting.
- Status of Rolling Road (RR) Project – 4 through lanes with curbside parking only where it is now. Median is still uncertain though VDOT wants 15’ or 16’ raised median. RR residents want no median or flush median with continuous turn lane so they can turn either way out of their driveways. If raised median is selected – left turn lanes will be at Springfield Village Dr, Bellamy Ave, Barnack Dr, and Birmingham Ln – but not at Ashford Ct, Glover Ct, Taft Dr, and Rivington Rd. Utility cables will not be buried. East side sound walls probable from Birmingham Ln north. 30 MPH speed limit. Phased work to ensure one lane NB & one SB during 2 year project. Phase I (improve intersection at RR & Old Keene Mill Rd (OKMR), but no extended right turn lane) to start next spring. PH II to start 2021 and will include extending the NB right hand turn lane at RR & OKMR back south. Install traffic light at Greeley & RR; maintain the traffic light at Barnack & RR. RR lots to lose at/about 8’ from home side of sidewalk plus new easement for construction and utilities. Water catchment reservoirs under both sides of roadbed. Expect public hearings starting in January where we’ll hear and see the final design.
Program – No program scheduled for this meeting.
Adjourn –8:20 PM
Ed Wyse, Secretary
Jon & Debbie Fowler
Ed & Margaret Wyse
Audit Report, 10/9/16
Financial Statement (and proposed budget), 9/30/2016
Attachment – Audit Report
Attachment – Financial Statement (and proposed budget)