Dear Village Neighbors / Friends,
April Crier – should be delivered to your door this weekend. I hope you get a chance to thank those who deliver it door to door, but if not – they are: Jennifer Treasure & her family, Danny Killion, Ed Wyse, Valentin Bois, Jim Kirkpatrick, the Mark/Jessica Gregris who will be led by Miss Morgan, Dave & Lori Branch & their family, Kathy D’Amato, Caleb Coleman, Pete & Becky Hatcher, Bernie Koehle and Eric Ball. Thanks for volunteering.
Here’s a preview of the April Crier:
- Update to Rolling Road Project
- Safe Driving without Cell Phones in Residential Areas
- Pooper Scooper Law, Barking Dogs / Noise Ordnances and Dogs on Leash
- Village Communications
- Village Meeting
- Community Yard Sale plus Free for All
- VW Pool Fund Raising Yard Sale
- Memorial Day Weekend Festivities
- Village Cleanup and Last Chance Corral
- Our Website
- Delegate Dave Albo
- VW Pool Membership Discounts
- Happy Birthdays and more.
Primary Elections - On 13 June county will hold primary elections for Democratic and Republican party candidates for governor and lieutenant governor, as well as Democratic candidates for the Virginia House of Delegates in the 42nd and 67th delegate districts. Absentee voting for the primary elections begins Friday, 28 April. The November general election will held on Tuesday, 7 November.
Village West Swimming Pool Upcoming Events:-
- 12 May - Ice Cream Social at the Pool to welcome new members.
- Memorial Day Weekend (5/27, 5/28 & 5/29, Saturday, Sunday and Monday - Pool & grill will be open to the entire neighborhood.
- Anniversary Weekend -
- 2 June, Friday - Food Truck
- 3 June, Saturday, from 4 – 9 PM; Live music, Food and Beverage. Tickets will be sold in advance and at the door. More details to come. If you are interested in helping plan this event please email Lisa Wolfe @ firstname.lastname@example.org
- 24 June - Guys Night Out
- August - Crab Fest & International Night
Vikings Fundraiser - The Village West Vikings will be holding a restaurant fundraiser at our local BGR on Monday, 15 May from 4 - 9 PM. Join us for a tasty burger and help fund the Vikings Swim Season. Bring the attached flyer.
Interested in a Good Book? If you are reading some books. Louise Calise (Dante Court) has over 20 that she will loan out before donate them to a library. The books are mystery, comedy, romance and history – and, mostly hardcover. If interested, call Louise me at 703/307-7211.
Free Exercise Gym Set - Ted Huynh (6710 Rolling Road) has a nice and clean gym set to give to another free of charge. It is Parabody brand and is in very good condition, please see the photos below. If interested, contact Ted at 703/913-4733.
Stay safe and please drive carefully. And for the sake of our village, get to know your neighbors. We have some very interesting and engaging neighbors such as a COB (Chief of Boat), World Class Ultimate Frisbee Athletes, a Master Cabinet Maker, a self-proclaimed Outer Banks Chick and me – a Legend in my Own Mind – just to mention a few. And we have neighbors with ancestors from every corner of the globe right here in our West Springfield Village. This is a good place to live and raise children and you / we are the reason why.
John Cooley, CAWSV