Dear Village Neighbor / Friend,
Barking Dogs – We have had several complaints about a barking dog very late at night and into the wee hours of the morn. Some of us have to get out of bed very early in the morning (middle of the night) for work. Please keep your dog inside if it has to bark. For dog noise or immediate noise concerns, call the police non-emergency number at 703/691-2131. But first, consider contacting your neighbor asking for corrective action.
And since we are discussing dogs – remember that Fairfax County does have a leash law and a pooper scooper law. Enough said?
Wildlife Neighbors – Deer rutting season is ongoing. You can tell by the increased number of car/deer accidents. Food sources are becoming even scarcer in nearby parks and wooded area which will mean that more animals will prowl the village looking for something to eat and a warmer place to rest. We are blessed to have wildlife so close to us, but they’re not petting zoo animals. Don’t harm them or get too close. If you do have a nuisance animal living under your porch or one that appears sick or injured, contact Animal Protection Police Officers at 703/691-2131.
2019 West Springfield Village Directory Ads – The ads cover the cost of printing saving us at/about $1400.00. Consider including an ad for your business or the one where you work. Besides the directory, we also include directory advertisers on our website and in at least two enews during the year. Here are the 2019 Community Directory ad rat
- Back cover (8x10") = $275.00
- Inside Front or Back cover (8x10") - $225.00
- Full page ad (8x10") - $150.00
- Half page ad (5x8") - $100.00
- Quarter page ad (4x5") - $65
Contact Steve Hue at Printing Ideas to request type / size of ad and email PDF or JPG ads to him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Membership – We’ll cut some from our spend plan to stay close to our membership dues revenue, but we have too many households apparently choose not to join and may be unaware of our civic association and the savings it provides each WS Village household. We could use your help by simply talking to your neighbors about the benefits of our citizen’s organization, the Civic Association of West Springfield Village.
The Cardinal Flyer - Below are just a few of the articles featured in Tim Royster's Newsletter. Tim is a Realtor residing in West Springfield Village. Click on "Read More" to access the full newslette
- Thank You Cards – Still in style or needless paperwork? Fewer people may be sending handwritten notes these days, but thank-you cards still haven’t gone out of style. At least they shouldn’t, according to etiquette experts. Read More…
- Five Quick Staging Tips for a Faster Home Sale - Staging your home prepares your property for potential buyers so you can achieve a faster sale. Professional stagers and your real estate agent can help with this task. If you’re under a time crunch, use these simple staging tips to quickly get your home ready for viewing. Read More…
- Pumpkin Risotto Recipe - Perfect for your fall gathering. Serves 4. Read More…
- Are All Credit Scores the Same? Read More…
- Northern Virginia Real Estate Market Statistics - Read More…
Toms Cabinets – We have several talented craftsmen in the Village, but my neighbor Tom Fowler (Edmonton Court) is a master cabinet craftsman. His work is one of a kind and outstanding. Below is a recent photo of a wall unit he made, but visit his website at TomsCabinets.com to see more. Tom can be reached at 703/451-2227 or by email at email@example.com.
Holiday Decorating Contest – We usually bestow the honor of placing a highly coveted sign in the front yard of the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners. The last few years have had too few judges weigh in. So – questions are should we continue this village event and secondly – will you take charge of it?
Upcoming Village Events:
November 20 – Fastpitch Softball Pitching Clinic Begins
December 22 – Christmas Caroling & Village Christmas Party – open to all, even those who can’t sing.
Stay warm; stay safe!