Dear Village Neighbors / Friends,
Anyone know why Google converts fonts, spacing and other format randomly though out the cut and paste enews. I prepare in Word and then move it to Google email and all hell breaks loose. And, please keep in mind that I send the message to myself and BCC you and a hundred of your closest neighbors and friends. It ain’t necessarily directed at you, except the first article below.
Civic Association Membership Drive – If your participation in our Civic Association is limited only to paying $10.00 annual dues – you will be appreciated. We fund next fiscal year’s operations $10.00 dues payment at a time. Annual operating costs are about $3,500.00 which equates to three out of four households joining. As of this date, we are 250 members short. Your dues are for the Membership/Fiscal Year 2019 (10/1/18 – 9/30/19).
Membership form is attached. It can also be found on our website (http://westspringfieldvillage.org/) and on our FaceBook group. The form lists payment instructions to include our mailing address. Or you can click “Here” to pay $11.00 online using PayPal - the extra $1.00 covers the cost of PayPal processing.
If you are satisfied with your 2018 directory listing directives, skip the form and just send dues to CAWSV, P.O. Box 2204, Springfield, VA 22152. You can leave your dues under the magic brick to the right of my front door at 8131 Edmonton Court, but please do not leave cash.
Goal is every village household join (homeowners and renters alike). Once you’re in, you will no longer see this type article in the weekly enews.
Contractor Recommendations Wanted – Dan & Gloria Emrick (SVD) want to redo the steps and cement wall leading out and up from their basement and hoping for your recommendation about someone who really knows cement work. If you have had a good experience with a cement contractor and willing to share, please email Dan at email@example.com, and our webmaster Bob Havey (firstname.lastname@example.org) for posting to website.
NOTE – Your recommendation is based on your experience with a contractor. It does not nor can it assure the next villager will get the same results as you experienced. Your willingness to advertise for a contractor at no cost in these enews should help you secure a good price and extra effort to satisfy your expectations. Works for me.
Last Hurrah Grill and Ice Cream Social – Village West Pool to Be Open for All! – Pool Board will host a Last Hurrah Grill Night and Ice Cream Social Friday, 31 August from 4 – 9:00 PM. Bring your friends and invite your neighbors! The pool staff will grill and sell quesadillas, burgers and hot dogs at very modest prices. Cash/credit card only. Dinner will be served from 6 – 8:00 PM. At 7:00 PM, they will also begin serving ice cream at no charge. Come join the fun, cool off in the pool and enjoy the ice cream.
West Springfield ES News (from Amanda Jones, Quebec Court):
- Ice Cream Social – The WSES PTA is hosting a free ice cream social for WSES students and their families on Friday, 7 September from 5 – 7:00 PM outside on the playground (as of now, no rain back up plan). Please check the WSES PTA FB page for any additional updates and info. There will also be pizza for sale (bring cash) if any one wishes to feed their family before serving up ice cream.
- Community Shredding Event - WSES PTA is hosting the community shredding event Saturday, 8 September from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM, put on by Craft and Crew Realty. We have arranged for Shred-It to help stop identity theft. Bring all your confidential documents to be destroyed on-site! This event will be held in the parking lot at WSES (6802 Deland Drive). This event is sponsored by Monique Craft & Crew AND the West Springfield Elementary PTA. We hope you take advantage of this convenient opportunity to purge tax documents, financial records, etc. See attached photo for more information.
**Donuts will be sold during the shredding event to help raise money for the WSES PTA so please come shred your confidential documents and support a good cause!
Rolling Valley ES and RVES PTA Events:
- September 10 - RVES Restaurant Night at Paisano's - Carry Out and Delivery counts!
- September 12 - RVES Back to School Night!
- September 25-26 - RVES Restaurant Night at Austin Grill
- October 16-17 - RVES Restaurant Night at Ledos
- October 27 - Haunted House/Fun Fair at RVES
RVES PTA is also hosting a food drive for students who need assistance during the school year. Please drop off non-perishable food in the covered plastic bin outside RVES. Especially needed are shelf milk, proteins, and snack bars. The food drive will be held monthly for families at RVES. Dates – to be determined. Contact email@example.com with any questions.
Upcoming Events (updates included the weekly enews and on our website):
- August 31 Village West Pool Grill Night and Ice Cream Social
- October 11 WS Village Meeting, 7:30 PM at Rolling Valley Elementary School
- October 27 WS Village Halloween Party & Chili Cook-off – open to all.
- November 4 Daylight Savings Time Ends
- November 6 Election Day
- December 22 Village Christmas Party – open to all in the Village.
And now that they, the little people are back in school – please drive even more carefully!